In Vienna there are a range of supermarkets, the so called social markets, where people with a decent or no income can get cheap food.
Please bring your student ID along!
Here you find a list of shops (pls click on the links for the addresses):
- Sozialmarkt Wien: has branches in 4 different districts of Vienna
- Sozialshop: Denisgasse 24, 1200 Wien und Pragerstr. 142, 1210 Wien
- Foodpoint Vienna: has 4 branches in Vienna and an online social market in addition for persons who are restricted in movement.
- Wiener Tafel: here you can find a weekly renewed list of other addresses where you can collect food
- Also Caritas is offering a food supply, handing out groceries once a week on week days, in order to receive a prepared food package at one of the Le+O deposits, you have to call in advance: 05 17 76 300 (Mo-Fr, 9 am to 1 pm):