In Vienna there are a range of supermarkets, the so called social markets, where people with a decent or no income can get cheap food.
Due to COVID-19 you can go there, without any previous applications. But please bring your student ID along!
Here you find a list of shops (pls click on the links for the addresses):
- Sozialmarkt Wien: has branches in 4 different districts of Vienna
Opening hours 10-14.30
- Sozialshop: Denisgasse 24, 1200 Wien und Pragerstr. 142, 1210 Wien
Opening hours: MO-FR 10-17.00, SA 11-15.o0
- Foodpoint Vienna: has 4 branches in Vienna and an online social market in addition for persons who are restricted in movement.
- Wiener Tafel: here you can find a weekly renewed list of other addresses where you can collect food
- Also Caritas is offering a food supply, handing out groceries once a week from 10-11.30 (weekdays) and from 19.30-20.30 (Saturday):
Mo: carla mittersteig, 1050 Wien, Mittersteig 10; Tu: Pfarre Ma.Lourdes, 1120, Haschkagasse 5; We: Pfarre Erlöserkirche, 1230 Wien, Endresstraße 57a; Th: Pfarre Gartenstadt, 1210 Wien, Galvanigasse 3; Fr: Pfarre Neufünfhaus, 1150 Wien, Vogelweidplatz 7; Sa: Rotes Kreuz, 1030 Wien, Safargasse 3